A Bilateral Cooperation Project
The Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture of the Federal Republic of Germany (BMEL) and the Ministry of Agriculture of the PeopleÂ´s Republic of China (MOA) agreed on the promotion of the Sino-German Trainee Programme for Chinese junior professionals in the fields of service, distribution and production in the agricultural sector on March 23rd, 2015. The German Agricultural Society (DLG) carries out the project independently in cooperation with the Center of International Cooperation Service, MOA (CICOS).
The Chinese market is very important for Germanyâ€™s agribusiness and food industry. However, for many German companies investing in China it is difficult to find appropriate staff. The Sino-German Trainee Programme gives German firms the opportunity to get to know suitable (managerial) staff for the Chinese market intensively and to train them in their own company.
Project Goals and Areas of Action
The target group are graduates from Chinese universities and junior professionalsÂ Through seminars and internships in challenging projects the trainees can
- be prepared for management and leadership positions in agricultural enterprises and agribusiness with knowledge from Europe.
- gain access to the DLG network with German and international contacts in the agricultural sector.
- increase the mutual understanding and strengthen Sino-German exchanges and cooperation.
Contents of the Programme
Management programme in English with two blocks
Block 1: Three seminar weeks – transfer of practice-oriented management know-how, intercultural understanding and corporate practice by professional trainers from companies in the agricultural sector.
- Intercultural understanding: Society, law, politics, economics, corporate governance, business culture and business behaviour
- Structure of the agribusiness sector: Organizations in the value creation chain, markets and flows of goods, political framework conditions
- Profitability of agricultural enterprises â€“ a comparison: Quality management, ecological aspects, mechanization, personnel management
Block 2: â€œTraining on the Jobâ€ – 12-week internship in a selected company in Germany. Various agribusiness companies and agricultural enterprises are available.
Mrs. Zhang Li
DLG Beijing AgroTechService
Tel.: +86 10 65906120