About the Project
The Sino-German Agricultural Centre (DCZ) is a joint initiative of the German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of the People’s Republic of China (MARA).
Recent developments in China with relevance to Sino-German cooperation in the agricultural sector and current DCZ activities!
Latest DCZ Publication
NEW: Read about the Chinese seed sector strategy!
DCZ Smart Agriculture Website
Learn about the perspectives of political decision-makers, entrepreneurs and farmers on smart agriculture.
MARA Issued Urgent Notice Regarding Agricultural Product Transport During Coronavirus
Dr. Aihemaitijiang Rouzi
5 February 2020
The General Office of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs issued an urgent notice on maintaining the normal production and market order of animal husbandry and guaranteeing the market supply of meat, eggs and milk.
On February 3rd, the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China held a meeting to study and strengthen the prevention and control of pneumonia outbreaks of new coronavirus infections. The meeting requested that while strengthening the epidemic prevention and control, efforts should be made to maintain a stable and orderly production of daily necessities like vegetables, meat, eggs and milk to ensure normal livelihoods of the people. In order to maintain the normal production and market order of the animal husbandry industry and guarantee the market supply of meat, eggs and milk, the urgent notice on related matters is issued as follows:
- Blockage of meat and poultry transporting trucks should not be allowed. Normal and orderly transport of these products should be ensured.
- Blockage of animal feed transporting trucks should not be allowed.
- Blockage of animal product transporting trucks should not be allowed. These animal products include processed meat, egg and milk. These products should be given "green tunnel" special access for transportation in order to guarantee the constant supply and prevent situations like "difficult to buy" or "stoppage of supply".
- Slaughterhouses should not be closed.
- Village roads should not be blocked.
- Support companies should return to work sooner.
Original notice in Chinese can be found under the following MARA link: